Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dark Tranquillity - We Are The Void

I'm going to change the way I do CD reviews because my former way of doing it was much too time consuming for someone who is as busy as I am. So here is my new review for Dark Tranquillity's We Are The Void.

Track List:
1. Dream Oblivion
2. Shadow In Our Blood
3. The Fatalist
4. In My Absence
5. The Grandest Accusation
6. At The Point Of Ignition
7. Her Silent Language
8. Arkhangelsk
9. I Am The Void
10. Surface The Infinite
11. Iridium

Best Track: Surface The Infinite

Worst Track: Her Silent Language

Overall Review: We Are The Void is a solid example of melodic death metal. My only real problem with this album is that Dark Tranquillity doesn't bring anything new to the table. We Are The Void sounds a whole lot like most other Dark Tranquillity albums. Nothing really wowed me. If I was going to choose an album from this band to listen to I would go for The Gallery and Haven for full album listens and We Are The Void for a few tracks here and there.

Rating: 6.5 out of 10

And for you serious and curious Dark Tranquillity Fans the bands have posted several videos on youtube containing them making this album. I've included them below for your viewing pleasure.





No comments:

Post a Comment